Due to expansion, we are seeking a highly skilled and self-motivated Electrical Machines / Drives Engineer to join a busy and growing Innovative Power Electronics company. This is a full-time permanent role based in Nottingham close to the city centre. In return you will receive a competitive salary £40-£45k pa entry salary (doe), ongoing training, enhanced holiday allowance and pension* (after qualifying period).
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Masters in Power Electronics / Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- Simulation of electrical machines and / or drives and their control
- Fluent in IT usage (Office Package)
- Experience in MATLAB / Simulink
- Experience in Machine design
- Fluent in English
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Experience in the control and practical development of Machines and/or drives
- Experience of design and control of different machine types
- PhD in a related subject- Power Electronics / Electrical / Electrical Engineering
- Thermal management / simulation
- Perform engineering and development tasks necessary for completion of relevant project of product design flow.
- Report activities and technical issues to the Operations Manager and Directors
- Prepare technical reports on results and design decisions for relevant customers or funding bodies.
- Interact with customers and project partners relating to project specifications and ongoing collaboration.
- Engage with internal processes and audits to ensure quality control (ISO9001 Internal)
- Be an Ambassador of TTPi at technical meetings, occasionally travel to trade fairs and dissemination events may be required.
- Team focused- drive to achieve the team goals and achievements.
- Creativity & Innovation – A passion for driving continuous improvement.
- Good time management skills- including the capability to participate in multiple projects.
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Learning Teaching and Sharing – constantly learning and sharing knowledge within the team.
Please send your CV and covering letter stating why you are suitable for this role to our Operations Manager [email protected]