Job title: Operations Manager
Purpose of the job: to provide TTPi with the necessary support to ensure all general business operations are implemented.
Location: Ingenuity Centre, The University of Nottingham Innovation Park
Closing date: Thursday 27th August 2020, 5pm
Reporting to : TTPi directors
Salary: £ 24-27kpa pro-rata depending on experience
Accountable for the following day to day tasks:
- Managing grant funding claims (innovate, MICRA, APC) and associated supporting documentation.
- Implementing, refining and managing Innovate and any other project audit processes.
- Performing and/or directing business operations within the Xero management software, e.g. invoicing, quotations, reconciliation, purchase orders, project tracking etc.
- Managing suppliers (placing purchase orders, tracking supplies) and customers, especially non-EU including, shipping, customs tracking and HSS codes, taxation tracking, managing evidence to support zero-rated VAT transactions.
- Personnel management: absence management, project resource allocation, performance management
- General operations management and business management, identification, and implementation of process improvements.
- Setting up and maintaining quality management systems, with attention to ISO9001
- Participating in audits (ISO and internal)
- Any other reasonable task required by the company.
- Managing the HMRC Services agent online portal.
Skills/Experience: (‘E’ it’s essential and ‘D’ is desirable):
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Proficient in Xero and IT fluent (‘E’)
- Accountancy skills (‘D’)
- Experience in dealing with NDA’s, commercial contracts (‘D’)
- Job/project costing and Quote development (‘E’)
- Warm outgoing personality
- Enthusiastic about customers and their needs
- Willing to learn new things
- The confidence to ask questions and say “sorry I don’t know, but I know who to ask”
- Team Focus – You put the needs of the team first, before your own needs and drive to achieve the goals of the department.
- Creativity and innovation – Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement by spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others
- Keeping Commitments – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to complete tasks and projects and report that they are completed, even when other opportunities arise which appear to be more interesting.
- Learning, Teaching and Sharing – You share what you know with others and seek to learn more from the others
How to apply:
Please apply with a cover letter, attaching your CV in Word or PDF formats, to [email protected] by 5pm on Thursday 27th August 2020